Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

This *dancing* American Life!

Guess who's coming to This American Life on Thursday, May 10? Monica Bill Barnes & Company!

Yeah, that's right: A dance troupe. No, not on the radio. It's a live show from New York's Skirball Center for the Performing Arts, screened in select movie theaters, and here are all the details.
I saw this amazing dance performance by Monica Bill Barnes' company, and I thought - that is totally in the style of our radio show. But obviously you can't have dance on the radio. Then I realized, we have to do another cinema event! We've built this lineup of stories mixed with super visual things, including the dancers I saw, so it's going to feel like the radio show but also totally unlike anything we've done before. I really can't wait to see how it turns out.”
-- Ira Glass, Executive Producer and host, This American Life

1 comment:

Amber Henrie said...

So cool! I LOVE This American Life!

Copyright notice

Copyright © 2007-2023 Eva Yaa Asantewaa
All Rights Reserved

Popular Posts

Labels