Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Dance needs a searchable database

Seeking reviews of Mexican filmmaker Alejandro González Iñárritu's Biutiful--which I just saw, stunned and humbled by its powerful beauty and Javier Bardem's soul-filled lead performance--I found a list of 220 external (i.e., non-user) reviews on IMDb. The site's subscriber edition has even more, apparently, but this will certainly hold me for a while.

Javier Bardem as Uxbal in Biutiful
That made me wonder: Where is the online database of reviews of dance?

For that matter--and I know I'm not the first to ask this--Where is the comprehensive, easily searchable database of upcoming dance performances?

Just a couple of things the community of dance artists, its journalists and its supporters could really use!

No comments:

Copyright notice

Copyright © 2007-2023 Eva Yaa Asantewaa
All Rights Reserved

Popular Posts

Labels