Search This Blog

Friday, May 30, 2008

The necessary wild

A Wilderness, Lost in the City
by William C. Thompson, Jr. and Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., The New York Times, May 29, 2008

I was delighted to be introduced to Ridgewood Reservoir by dancer-choreographer Jennifer Monson who is devoted to keeping it as a wild, natural preserve. I ran into her last night at Susan Rethorst's (wonderful!!!) show at Danspace Project, and we were both excited about this op-ed piece in the Times. But Ridgewood Reservoir is not the only "teeming wildlife preserve" in New York City. One of my favorite city haunts is Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge, located in Queens, just off Cross Bay Boulevard, about a 10-minute walk from the A train's Broad Channel station. Having access to nature is as necessary to me as the food I eat and the dances I witness!


No comments:

Copyright notice

Copyright © 2007-2023 Eva Yaa Asantewaa
All Rights Reserved

Popular Posts

Labels