Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

IT GETS BETTER. Here's one way.

On June 5, 2012, the New York City dance community came together at the Gibney Dance Center to record message of hope, inspiration, and encouragement for LGBT youth.

The stories were beautiful, moving and heartfelt; the messages were powerful; and the day was an uplifting experience spent with friends. 


This is Eva Yaa Asantewaa's message.
****

All of that's great, but--omg!--I still think I look funny on video!

But I've always wanted to do one of these, because I don't think any youngster should feel alone and suffer in silence. So I thank the production collaborators (#SKYNOVA, Dance/NYC, Edwards & Skybetter | Change Agency, Fractured Atlas, Gibney Dance Center, JenEd Productions, and Jordan Isadore) for this opportunity. I look forward to seeing the rest of the videos from our community when they go live later this week (and I'll post the link or links).

If you're in San Francisco, get ready. The It Gets Better Dance Community team is heading your way. They'll be videotaping on Friday.

No comments:

Copyright notice

Copyright © 2007-2023 Eva Yaa Asantewaa
All Rights Reserved

Popular Posts

Labels