Search This Blog

Monday, October 12, 2009

Lerman's observations

As a dancer and choreographer I've spent a tremendous amount of my life defending something that's very hard to see. I mean people see dance, they see the dancers, but they have trouble understanding why it's valuable, what you're trying to say. And in some ways I feel that's reflected in what I learned initially from the physicists. It's very abstract, it's hard to see, people have trouble trying to understand it, it has tremendous value to us as a civilization but it's not easy to explain.

--Liz Lerman (quoted in Science News, September 26, 2009), who is researching particle physics for an upcoming production

No comments:

Copyright notice

Copyright © 2007-2023 Eva Yaa Asantewaa
All Rights Reserved

Popular Posts

Labels