Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Superdelegate...not!

The very idea of a dance critic being a "superdelegate"--see La Rocco in today's Times reviewing The A.W.A.R.D. Show--even if expressed in giddy jest, gives me hives and is the sort of thing that feeds justifiable resentment among dance artists. Bad enough that much mainstream criticism reads like it is written from what feels to me to be a free-floating place of purported omniscience which is not where I feel I am nor where I want to be in relationship to this art. Let's leave the superdelegates in politics where they belong and where they might actually do some good this evening.

1 comment:

Gerry Gomez Pearlberg said...

Great post. I know what you mean about that disembodied, omniscient-voice thingy. Most irritating! Let's hope for the best tonight.

Copyright notice

Copyright © 2007-2023 Eva Yaa Asantewaa
All Rights Reserved

Popular Posts

Labels