Search This Blog

Friday, April 11, 2008

Love letter to Sara Pearson and Patrik Widrig

Dear dandelion-heads,

You are my inspiration. When I look at your work, I see the dual nature of dance as pure essence and complex storytelling. I see your heart in everything you share with us--especially in your respect for the flood survivors of New Orleans. I'm tickled by the way you're making dances that are adjustable over time and responsive to space and showing them to us as they shift and change. I like to think of the two of you going on forever, in one form or another, making dances that adjust as you adjust. That would be heaven.

Oh! And you really have the coolest costumes!

PEARSONWIDRIG DANCETHEATER--presenting Partners Who Touch, Partners Who Don't Touch (excerpt 1988); Unmoored (Katrina, Katrina: Love Letters to New Orleans) (excerpt, 2006, New York premiere); and Sayonara, Dear (work in progress), this evening and tomorrow evening at Symphony Space.

Copyright notice

Copyright © 2007-2023 Eva Yaa Asantewaa
All Rights Reserved

Popular Posts

Labels