Search This Blog

Friday, August 24, 2007

Clare Byrne's Weekly Rites

[Editor's Note: An announcement from my colleague, Clare Byrne of Clare Byrne Dance.]

Dear Dance Seers,

In this end-of-summer time, I celebrate 9 weeks of Weekly Rites, my ongoing performing online. I invite you to dip into the offerings, weekly. (Click here and on the link to Weekly Rites.)

Over the last year or so, I've been working up to a procedure, videotaping an hour's dance improvisation where-ever I am at any given week--including this summer's road trip to the Wild West--and extracting a short segment to publish online, along with writing.

I'm finding within this a beguiling mix of "what is public" and "what is private" in both performance and observance; the eye of the camera, the frame of the Youtube box, and how I dance all require an altered consideration. I also am enjoying participating in a massive global entertainment system, feeling both buffer and buffeting within it.

In developing as a dancing contemplative (my own in-progress definition), this work is part of "enclosure" for me, as well as finding ways to fish regularly, ritually, not for new movement, ideas, or process -- but the movements that are, if I listen, calling to be done.

all my best,
Clare

Video from Gleanings post, August 23, 2007

Copyright notice

Copyright © 2007-2023 Eva Yaa Asantewaa
All Rights Reserved

Popular Posts

Labels