Search This Blog

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Reminder: DTW Writing on Dance application deadline

Here's a quick reminder that the deadline for applying for my Writing on Dance series at Dance Theater Workshop is Friday, March 18! Details below.

photo by Deborah Feller

I'm honored to be facilitating a new session of Writing on Dance (Spring 2011) for Dance Theater Workshop, beginning March 30!

This series will be an informal, supportive lab for discovery of your self as writer; for lively engagement with art; for celebration of your unique voice and creative response.

We share this lab with others who are also questioning: Why do I write? Who am I as perceiver and witness of art? How do I relate and respond to dance? Why write about dance? What is my role? Who is my reader? What is the larger context in which art is made, presented, experienced and interpreted for the public? How can I, as writer, make something new, meaningful and useful in this time of disruption and transition?

Please note: Although I will encourage participants to attend, contemplate and write about dance performances during this course, our work will not focus on the nuts and bolts of dance criticism or dance journalism, and our group need not be limited to students who wish to pursue a professional career in dance criticism.

APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 18

For Writing on Dance's complete schedule and application details, please click here.

No comments:

Copyright notice

Copyright © 2007-2023 Eva Yaa Asantewaa
All Rights Reserved

Popular Posts

Labels