Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Give your junk to Sarah Maxfield

Here's a message to you all from the resourceful Sarah Maxfield. I wish I'd known about this before I recycled a collection of dance, theater and museum tickets--three year's worth!--and the usual annual assortment of press kits and programs! Oh, well... Sounds like a wonderful project. Get involved!

Hello dear friends,
I need your old junk.
I want to include your stuff in an exhibit of performance ephemera. The exhibit will be part of a public event I'm developing for The Chocolate Factory in March. I'd like the exhibit to include as many things as possible (from as many artists as possible), which represent our collective performance past in New York City. Do you have some things you would be willing to share for this purpose?
I'm particularly interested in collecting things like programs, postcards, tickets, fliers, and other things which include information that can be understood and recognized by relative "strangers" to the "performance community," as well as by the denizens of our little world. I'm less interested in costumes, props, etc., unless it is something relatively iconic (i.e. would be recognizable to your audience as well as those who were in your rehearsal room).
If you have some stuff to share, please let me know, and we can coordinate pick-up. Everything will be returned to you, unharmed.
I'm also collecting the following information for the project, so, even if you don't have any physical stuff to share, please consider emailing me your response to the following questions:
1. What is your favorite place in the City to meet someone for coffee?
2. What is your favorite place in the City to meet someone for a drink?
3. What is your favorite public place (street corner, park, crosswalk, etc.) in the City?
Thanks for considering these requests, and feel free to forward this on to your friends.
Cheers,
Sarah Maxfield (sarahmaxATgmailDOTcom)
sarahmaxfield.wordpress.com

No comments:

Copyright notice

Copyright © 2007-2023 Eva Yaa Asantewaa
All Rights Reserved

Popular Posts

Labels