Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Jane Goldberg remembers Ernest "Brownie" Brown

Share/Save/Bookmark

Tap dancer/journalist Jane Goldberg, author of Shoot Me While I'm Happy, sent me the following statement in memory of her colleague, the late Ernest Brown:

Brownie was Cookie's partner in the renowned comedy/dance act Cook and Brown. I was truly amazed when I first saw their act at a making of the video Great Feats of Feet by Brenda Bufalino and Dorothy Wasserman in a New Paltz theater. I just loved it and fell in love with their timing and humor. I loved Brownie's presence on stage and I especially loved swing dancing with him on the floors. That guy could really swing. And lead well too. He might have been Cook's whipping post in their knock-about comedy, but he was the best swing dancer around. He was the last of the remaining living Copasetics.

No comments:

Copyright notice

Copyright © 2007-2023 Eva Yaa Asantewaa
All Rights Reserved

Popular Posts

Labels