Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

L'Aquila

Pictures of L'Aquila

Actor and dance/theater publicist Jonathan Slaff writes:

"I rehearsed and acted in L'Aquila, Italy in February-March, 1989--about 20 years before this month's earthquake that changed the quaint medieval walled city forever.

"There has been much press coverage of the destruction, but I have seen few to no published images of the town before the quake. Since I had photographed as much of the city as I could between rehearsals, I have assembled a pictorial of the town for the benefit of people who have not been there. That would be most of us, since L'Aquila was "off the beaten path" for most tourists. I thought you might find it interesting.
"

I thank Jonathan for his permission to link to this photo collection.

An Earthquake Relief Fund has been established by Manhattan's nonprofit Italian American Museum (Joe Scelsa, president: 917-642-4922 and Maria Fosco, director: 212-541-1021).

No comments:

Copyright notice

Copyright © 2007-2023 Eva Yaa Asantewaa
All Rights Reserved

Popular Posts

Labels