Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Benefit Planned for Injured STREB Dancer deeAnn Nelson

(Editor's Note: I was saddened to receive the following message this morning from Terry Dean Bartlett of STREB. Please take note, help if you can, and forward this appeal as widely as possible. Thanks!)

Hello my friends.

I am in the process of securing a venue, help in organizing, etc. for an evening, afternoon, all day? Of dance performances to help out my dear friend, an amazing performer, deeAnn Nelson, of STREB, who broke her back this past weekend, in a fall during a performance. She fractured her L1, and destabilized her spine above that, is going into surgery on Thursday, and will be in pins, rods, screws, and a brace for the next 6 months. Her medical bills will be covered by workman’s comp, but rent, bills etc are going to mount up and I want to help her out in any way I can, and ask if anyone is willing/able to help out a fellow dancer/performer/artist?

I hope to secure a venue within the week, for the Monday or Tuesday the 18th or 19th of June. If anyone can contribute a piece, it would be greatly appreciated, and it will help to raise funds for one of the fiercest performers I’ve ever known.

Do you wanna’ show new work? Great! Wanna’ show a classic/old favorite? Great. Got PR connections? A huge email list? A fabulous theater? Tons of Money, and love dancers? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Drop me a line and let me know if you might be able to contribute to a show that Monday/Tues, (a potential “dark day” at most theaters that we might be able to slide into?) and I will get back to you about the official “When and Where.”

Thank you for all your help. Send your thoughts/prayers/energy/love to deeAnn at Bellevue ICU:

I look forward to hearing from you.

Warm Regards
Terry Dean Bartlett

No comments:

Copyright notice

Copyright © 2007-2023 Eva Yaa Asantewaa
All Rights Reserved

Popular Posts

Labels