Search This Blog

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Vishneva's City Center turn

Here's Tobi Tobias's review of Diana Vishneva: Beauty in Motion.

Regular readers of InfiniteBody will easily figure out that I'm not much of a ballet fan. (I once was a bedazzled young woman, but I drifted.) Nevertheless, I took my sister-in-law to Vishneva's show last night, and we both left with a gnawing hunger to see the truly beautiful-in-motion ballerina dance something classical--the more classical, the better!

I'm definitely a sucker for anything Loie Fulleresque, though, and that "Water Flowers" section of the Moses Pendleton's otherwise trivial F.L.O.W. was a knockout. Check out a slide show of images here, and read Alastair Macaulay's review here. Tobias and Macaulay nail it.

Diana Vishneva: Beauty in Motion concludes this afternoon (details here), heads to Moscow (February 28-29), and returns to the states for a June 19-22 run in Chicago.

Kirov Ballet--with Vishneva among its jewels--comes to City Center in April (details here).

Copyright notice

Copyright © 2007-2023 Eva Yaa Asantewaa
All Rights Reserved

Popular Posts

Labels