Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Dunya's Tribute to Fazil's

Several years ago I began writing about my time as a professional bellydancer. I continue to work on this piece even as Skin of Glass: Finding Spirit in the Flesh, my memoir about dance as a a spiritual path, goes to press. But Fazil's, the studio and club that housed my most formative belly dance experiences, is closing. I never thought it would happen. It is very sad. Here is an excerpt about first climbing those rickety stairs, first meeting Fazil, and taking my first class with Elena [Lentini]. -- Dunya Dianne McPherson

Read dancer and master teacher Dunya Dianne McPherson's reminiscences about the legendary Fazil's and the performer and teacher, Elena Lentini on her blog, DANCEMEDITATION.

Copyright notice

Copyright © 2007-2023 Eva Yaa Asantewaa
All Rights Reserved

Popular Posts

Labels